Wednesday, March 25, 2009

SXSW 2009 Rocked!

Boxer
Bowler
Mountie

Dude...

Man, it's Wednesday and I'm finally feeling relatively focused and getting back up to speed after seven exhilaratingly exhausting fun filled days up in Austin for this year's SXSW.

I drove up from San Antonio with my buddy James Lewis from Rackspace on Monday afternoon March 16th for the Rackspace Cloud Lounge Party intending to stay for a only few hours with plans to come back up on to Austin Thursday to check out the music.

Long story short, thanks to my friends Todd Morey and Shane Whitefield for hooking me up with primo nice places to crash, I ended up staying an entire week serving as the interim band manager for Manhattan Love Suicides, one of my new favorite bands all the way from Leeds, UK!

More on that later though...

The timing could not have been more perfect. My main work machine crapped out just hours after meeting a small mountain of deadlines enabling me to take a well deserved, guilt free break!

Above and beyond all the live music, film and interactive activities at SXSW there are also some amazing things to check out during the day including my Top 3 Free Must See List - The Austin City Wide Garage Sale, The Texas Guitar & Record Show and the API (American Poster Institute) sponsored Flatstock 20 Rock Poster Show.

I scored the above prints, The Boxer, The Bowler and The Mountie at Flatstock from artist and super cool dude Micha Smith.

And don't be bummed if you missed out on SXSW this year - you can still check out the Austin Record Convention's Spring Show, right around the corner on April 3rd, 4th and 5th!

Ok, back to reality for now, mas SXSW goodness to come!

That's Right,

HMK

No comments:

Post a Comment