Friday, August 13, 2004

Save The Liver!

"I think you should go shopping!" she said with a smile in that trademark voice of hers. She then told me to enjoy the day and was off. That was the advice legendary chef Julia Child gave me when I asked what I could make with my leftovers of bacon-bits, a pickle, cream cheese, half & half and a couple of beers - the contents of my fridge at the time. I lived across the street from my favorite chef in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1991. I had the pleasure of hearing her "Hellooo." on occasion each morning on my way to the train. According to a statement from her publisher, Alfred A. Knopf, Julia Child has sadly passed away. She was 91.

Thanks for being sweet to me Julia! (that's what she insisted I call her.)

Say Hi to my Mom & Dad for me,

HMK

No comments:

Post a Comment