Saturday, February 10, 2007

Poor Bird!


I was sitting with my coffee this morning and looking out the window and a huge flock of these little birds, I'd guess a few hundred of them, loudly swooped down in the yard and then suddenly off and on their way.

A few seconds later, smack! This little thing hit one of our windows and faceplanted right on the bench.

What really made this kind of weird was the fact that just moments earlier we were listening to a piece on NPR about Bernard Herrmann's work as the sound designer on Alfred Hitchcock's movie The Birds - which we had just watched a few nights before.

According to eHow, it's estimated that more than 90 million birds are killed each year as a result of hitting windows.

Damn.

I waited a bit to see if our little guy was just stunned but I'm sorry to say that this one didn't make it.

That's a bummer,

HMK

No comments:

Post a Comment